Benefits for Recent Graduates
- As a recent alumnus/a of Stony Brook, you are entitled to the same access to our services as students have for 6 whole months.
- No different than our process for students, there will be a required preparation portion (Career Counseling form and registering for ZebraNet) for those seeking appointments with counselors.
- Alumni can participate in OCR up to six months after graduation and can take advantage of many of our workshops and events.
Benefits for Experienced Graduates
- As an experienced graduate, you are still a valuable part of the Career Center. Whether it is utilizing our services, or lending a hand to help students, the Career Center is still here for you.
- All Stony Brook alumni are eligible for a one-time individual consultation with one of our counselors by appointment.
- The resume review of an experienced graduate requires special attention that cannot be done during a resume walk-in basis. Our knowledgeable counselors will be happy to review your resume during the individual consultation. To tailor the resume more effectively, experienced graduates are required to bring a job description of the position you are applying to.
- As part of your consultation, you will be provided with a referral list of additional helpful resources.
- Regardless of your graduation year, you are welcome to attend any one of our Job Fairs.
- While the majority of job listings on ZebraNet are entry level, there are still opportunities for experienced individuals. You may register with ZebraNet and use it as often as you wish at no cost.